- Sheets and pillowcases (2 sets. Check with college for size needed — some college twin beds are extra long.)
- Towels (3 each of bath, hand and face)
- Pillows (2)
- Mattress pad (check with college for size needed)
- Blankets (2)
- Clothes hangers.
- Laundry bag/basket.
College Checklist for College Dorms and Campus Living
https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org › get-in › making-a-decision › off-to-colle
What are dorm essentials?
25 Dorm Room Essentials Every College Student Needs to Survive
- 1 Bedding. Amazon. wayfair.com.
- 2 Mattress Topper. Amazon. amazon.com.
- 3 Extra Pillows. Walmart. Mainstays walmart.com.
- 4 Rug. Walmart. walmart.com.
- 5 Alarm Clock. Amazon. amazon.com.
- 6 Plates, Bowls, and Mugs. Walmart.
- 7 Flatware. Walmart.
- 8 Laundry Hamper. Mainstays.
What should I bring to my dorm Reddit?
Don’t bring too much stuff- especially too many clothes.
Essential Items To Bring
- Personal Items- Student ID, Government Issued ID, some spending money or a debit/credit card, anything else you might need in order to secure employment on/off campus.
- Bed Sheets.
- Pillows + Pillow Cases.
- Comforter + Blankets.
- Laundry Basket.
What should you not bring to a college dorm?
10 Things You Should NOT Bring to College
- Your high school T-shirts.
- Your entire collection of heels that you’ve cultivated since birth.
- Your library.
- A bunch of random school supplies.
- 12 pairs of sheets and 20,000 towels.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Coffee maker.
- Out-of-season clothes.
What do college students need?
So if you’re moving away from home to start your life as a college student, be sure to squeeze these items in the car.
- An extra set of sheets. One of the college must haves is an extra set of sheets.
- A fan…or 4.
- At least one big microwaveable bowl.
- Noise-canceling headphones.
- Cleaning Wipes.
- A Coffeemaker.
- A big lamp.