Five Industries Utilizing 3D Printing
- Aerospace. The aerospace industry has some of the highest standards in part performance.
- Automotive. The automotive industry has been charging ahead with additive manufacturing, with high-profile companies such as Audi using 3D printers.
We’ve compiled a list of 10 companies innovatively using 3D printers.
- General Electric. General Electric made big investments in 3D printing in their quest to produce more than 85,000 fuel nozzles for the new Leap jet engines.
- American Pearl.
- DIY Rockets.
10 Top 3D Printing Companies
- HP (NYSE:HPQ) Market cap: US$40.79 billion; current share price: US$25.78.
- Proto Labs (NYSE:PRLB) Market cap: US$4.36 billion; current share price: US$161.33.
- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD)
- Stratasys (NASDAQ:SSYS)
- Materialise (NASDAQ:MTLS)
- SLM Solutions Group (FWB:AM3D)
- Nano Dimension (NASDAQ:NNDM)
- ExOne (NASDAQ:XONE)
Here are some of the recent uses of 3D printing for the automotive industry.
- AUDI and SLM Solutions Group: metal prototypes and spare parts.
- The University of Nottingham: Fuel-efficient, 3D printed car components.
- Rolls Royce: custom-made cars.
- Hackrod: custom 3D printed cars.
- Porsche: spare parts for rare and classic cars.
Some healthcare/medical device companies that are focused on 3D printing include: Concept Laser GmBH, Prodways, 3T RPD, Arcam AB, Materialise NV, EnvisionTEC GmbH, EnvisionTEC, EOS GmbH, Electro Optical Systems, Renishaw plc, Stratasys Ltd. and 3D Systems Corp.The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the key players operating in the global 3D Printing Healthcare market. These players include 3D Systems Corporation, Exone, Formlabs, GE, Materialise NV, Oxferd Performance Materials, Inc., Organovo Holdings, Inc., Proto Labs, SLM Solutions Group AG, and Stratasys Ltd.Ten 3D-bioprinting Companies Making Strides in the Medical Field
- 3D printing is becoming a great resource for all kinds of companies and fields to take advantage of.
- 1) Organovo.
- 2) Cyfuse Biomedical.
- 3) Aspect Biosystems.
- 4) TeVido Biodevices.
- 5) DigiLab Inc.
- 6) Advanced Solutions Life Sciences.
- 7) Tissue Regeneration Systems (TRS)
So, let’s see the bioprinting A-list!
- 1) The industry leader: Organovo.
- 2) CELLINK.
- 3) Aspect Biosystems.
- 5) TeVido Biodevices.
- 6) Digilab.
- 7) Advanced Solutions Life Sciences.
- 8) TRS – Tissue Regeneration Systems.
- 9) nScrypt.
The “Big Five” of the commercial 3D printer market are Stratasys, EOS, GE Additive, 3D Systems and HP (statistics below). Smaller firms like Carbon, SLM Solutions, FormLabs and Rize are potential up-and-comers with a specialty niche or new take on the technology and business.According to Apex, one of the aviation industry’s top leaders, Airbus, now has a record number of 3D printed parts on their new A350 XWB aircraft, with 1,000+ parts. Partnering with Stratasys helped them produce these parts quickly and efficiently using high-performance FDM materials like ULTEM 9085.Digital dentistry is rapidly transforming the dental industry, and premium EnvisionTEC 3D printing technologies are paving the way. EnvisionTEC offers a full range of desktop, full-production and high-speed continuous 3D printers for dentists, orthodontics and dental labs.
What industries use 3d printing?
Top 10 Industries Using 3D Printing
- 3D Printing in the Space Industry.
- Advantages of 3D printing in the Aircraft Industry.
- 3D Printing Jewelry.
- 3D Printing Dentistry.
- 3D Printing Health Sector.
- 3D Printing Mechanical Engineering.
- 3D printing for Marketing.
- Construction 3D printing.
What do companies use 3d printing for?
There are many applications across several industries including automotive, aerospace and more for 3D printing in manufacturing from printing replacement parts of machinery and prototyping new products (with the added benefit of recycling the models after you’re done) to creating molds and jigs to improve the
What are 3 uses of 3d printing?
In addition, new developments in RepRap technology allow the same device to perform both additive and subtractive manufacturing by swapping magnetic-mounted tool heads.
- Cloud-based additive manufacturing.
- Mass customization.
- Rapid manufacturing.
- Rapid prototyping.
- Agile tooling.
Is 3d printing a good business?
Using 3D printing can be a great asset, no matter what your sector. Indeed, it can help you on many levels, that is why more and more 3D printing businesses are appearing on the market. 3D printing technology can help you to develop any project. Do you know about all the opportunities that 3D printing could offer you?